Friday, October 30, 2009

Books and Lemongrass Tea

Today we decided to take a break from finding house things (apart from looking at some furniture) and someone had suggested we go to a Bookshop/Toy shop called Monument Books. We were not sure how long the children would last! When we arrived though it was lovely. There was a whole section for the children with cushions to sit on. They chose books to read and settled down, there was ambient music playing and a place for adults to sit. Colin grabbed a magazine on the latest movies and I found some cool interior design books to get some decorating/house arranging ideas. After about 40 mins I mouthed to Colin "can I have a coffee?". There was a coffee shop in the book shop ... such a lovely place (Emma R you would love it!) I wanted to take a photo but it was a bit dark. One whole wall was deep red covered with all different sized mirrors some with carved frames, others with very distressed old frames. So lovely! I had my coffee in peace and quiet. Then Phoebe joined me and we had some gorgeous fresh lemongrass tea ... hers was iced and mine was hot ... while we were doing this Colin took the others to the toy shop upstairs where to their delight there was a place to play! Colin swapped with me and he had a chance to have a cuppa too. We finally dragged the children away after about 2 hours. We all felt really chilled out and relaxed!


No comments: